Welcome to Liberation 2035
A big hello to you and welcome to Liberation 2035. We are Mel and Cindy, the husband and wife team behind this website. We are thrilled that you have taken the opportunity to visit us. We hope that you will stay a while and learn that we are two people who have started on a journey to build a successful online business and aiming to help others do the same.
Our journey began a while back after experiencing a change in career plans. I (Cindy) had a career in the medical field and Mel had a background in Sales. We decided to change it up a bit, because at a certain point in our lives, we were tired of the daily grind and working for others. We were ready to ditch the 9 to 5 to enjoy more time with our family.
We have to say that it has been the most exciting change for us. Next to being parents to three awesome kids, starting an online business has been one of our most treasured experiences.
We are so thrilled to have the opportunity to create something that gives us the freedom to spend more time with our family and afford us a lifestyle that we have long desired.
However, our journey began with a lot of learning and confusion.
It’s befitting to say that it was also very daunting. Maybe you can attest to this statement ~ there’s a lot of “noise” in cyberspace and sometimes, it’s difficult to discern the value of an online course. Sometimes these courses looked promising but in our experience, we found little cohesiveness or ongoing support.
We have spent a lot of time and money in the past. It was pretty frustrating.
So, we made it our goal to ensure that Liberation 2035 will remain noise-free. You won’t find big pop-ups in your face, or a bunch of ads on the sidebar. We won’t give you a freebie and then try to upsell you. There’s already too many websites doing that.
Our goal is to focus on you and ensure that you are getting some very useful information and training either through our posts or through our #1 training platform.
You will find out more about the training platform as you navigate through our site but let’s get you started here first and give you some steps on how you can start an online business right now.
The internet is a force to be reckoned with. Many people have started successful online businesses and some are searching for steps to start one right now. If you have been wondering, “how do I start my online business”, these are the beginning steps:
#1 — A Great Website
Have you ever visited a website that was just a cluttered mess? Websites that are too busy is a deterrent for a customer. You want to give your customers a great user experience. Here are some guidelines ~
- Theme – Go with a theme that is simple and clean. WordPress has a few that are very nice. Here are three examples.
Tonal – This theme takes its cue from your content, with a minimal style that changes based on your background color. This theme has large featured images, full-width videos, and post formats that look great on any device.
Dazzling – This theme is a clean, modern and responsive flat design WordPress theme with pixel perfect design and outstanding functionality that can compete with premium themes.
Executive — This theme is a clean WordPress business theme. It is fully responsive and mobile-friendly and comes with custom widgets, sliders, testimonials, and portfolio management. It has three color options and multiple page layouts that you can use for different pages.
- Text – Go with black. It’s just much friendlier for your eyes.
- Menu Style – Go with no more than 4 – 5 menu pages. You can always add categories under the menu pages. It’s a matter of organization.
- Sliders/Flashy Banners – I would avoid sliders and flashy banners. Distracting and annoying.
- Ads – Monetizing is great but pick and choose your ads wisely. Too many? Your customer will feel like it’s just one big advertising blitz and probably leave. Unless you have a product that they really want to buy and you are advertising it, keep frivolous ads to a minimum.
- Navigable – Your website is your customer’s road map. When the layout is structured intuitively, your customer will flow through your website, stay on course with your product or service. Navigability equals a better conversion rate.
#2 — Buy a Domain and set up Hosting
A domain is your chosen name for your website. Our domain name is liberation2035.com.
Hosting is the place where your website “lives”. We’ve written a detailed post about this particular subject.
#3 — A Focused niche
A niche is a topic for your website. Within that topic, you will have a group of people who are looking for something specific to buy or to solve a problem. There are 4 major categories that are pretty common.
Health and Fitness (e.g. Beauty, Weight Loss, Diet, Healthy Eating, Exercise Programs)
Business and Finance (e.g. Investing, Stocks, Loans, Business Opportunities, Loans, Online Business)
Dating and Relationships (e.g. Love, Marriage, Divorce, Matchmaking, Self-Help)
Hobbies/Special Interests (e.g. Games, Pets, Sports, Cooking, Art)
There are many more common topics but these 4 are the usual ones that encompass a lot of sub-topics.
After determining which niche you have interest in, narrow it down to a focused niche. For example, if you picked cooking, what kind of cooking topic will you be focusing on? Asian, Mexican, Japanese, Paleo, Diabetic and so on.
If you picked cars, what kind of cars will you be focusing on? Marquee cars, American Classic Cars, V8’s?
A narrower focus will allow you to target your audience and build your online business around this group.
#4 — Find a keyword
A lot of newbies (We were one of them) may not know the importance of using specific keywords.
Essentially, in order to rank highly in Google search, you must know these keyword elements before you write your post ~
- Average # of searches that the keyword receives
- Traffic – Visits to your website if you achieve first page ranking in the Search Engines
- QSR (Quoted Search Results) – The number of competing websites ranked in Google for this exact keyword
For us, QSR is the most important. If using a keyword, we rather have a keyword with low a competition than one that has too much competition.
And we would never start writing a post until we do a keyword research.
So, before every post, our go to keyword tool is Jaaxy. It’s a must for every blog post.
#5 — Write Really Good Content
Content is the fuel for your website. With good content, you will build a trustworthy and a authoritative online business. Customers go to a website that is filled with good information that can educate, solve a problem or help them make a decision to purchase something.
When you can create content which is helpful and engaging, customers are more eager to remain at your site.
Read “How to be a good content writer – No English Degree required.“ This post will give you some really good points on how to start writing good content.
You do not have to be a professional writer to create good content. Start writing about something you are passionate about. Think of a time where you had a really great customer experience. Did you love a movie or a restaurant? Did you love a certain service that you received? How did you talk about it to your friends or family? We bet you were pretty excited and had a lot to say about it.
When we are excited about something, we usually just go on about it. Hey so and so, ” I just tried this new (fill in the blank). I loved it! It’s the best ever! You just have to try it! You can get it at (fill in the blank).”
Face it, you were actually selling their product without knowing it. We do it all the time!
And remember, keep your content natural and genuine. Even if you do not know a lot about your subject, do some research and find excellent points to educate your customers.
#6 — Monetize your website
We monetize our website using “Affiliate Marketing“. Essentially, this type of monetization involves linking with, for example, Amazon.com. Once you link with their program, you start writing about products and promoting it within your website. You earn a commission when a buyer clicks on one your Amazon links and buys the promoted product.
You can also use thousands of other affiliate sites (we have compiled a list) or sell your own private label products by setting up an online store. Or, go through a manufacturer who can drop ship your promoted products.
#7 — Use Social Media to gain followers to your website
For us, we dreaded using social media and was a little slow to implement it. But social media is where its at.
Your website, no matter how good it is, is not worth crap if no one knows about it.
Many successful bloggers have used social media to call attention to their websites and have gained a huge following. They posted, they shared and before they knew it, they had followers up the wazoo! Exciting!
We recommend that you share your posts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and other social media sites. It takes some work but you have to let people know that you exist.
How do you determine which social media is best for your niche?
Well, take a look at your niche (A niche is a topic. Within that topic is a group of people who are looking for something specific to buy or to solve a problem) and determine who you want as your target audience. From there, do your social media research.
Once you are clear about your target audience, research where these people hang out at and use that particular social media to make connections. But please do not just say “I want you to check out my site. So here’s the link.”
You first need to establish a genuine relationship!
- If you find an open group that fits your niche, join it and engage other followers
- Follow bloggers that align with your niche and comment on their sites
- Share your knowledge and help others in a forum
Our niche is ~
- Helping people to create an online business
- Directing people to a training program that will show them the step-by-step lessons on how to make money online
- Suggesting tools to help people’s online business run successfully
- Writing about personal experiences to help people know that we are genuine and real (this is one of the most important ones!)
Our target audience is ~
- Newbies who want to drop the 9 to 5, retire early and/or start an online business
- Working people wanting to start an online business and tired of courses/programs that don’t work
- Working Moms who are tired of the 9 to 5 grind
- Working people who are ready to make a change and create non-traditional work life
- Working people who want to free themselves from the 9-5
- Working people who are making 50k-125k but working lots of hours yet have no time to enjoy family/life
- Working people who just want to enjoy life now, not later
We targeted this group because we are part of this group. We are very familiar with how our target audience feels, therefore, we understand their urgent needs, problems and desires.
Our target audience uses Pinterest, Facebook, LinkdIn, Mommy Bloggers, G+ and Twitter. So, we target the posts and engagement on those platforms.
Getting others to follow you matters. Build a website that matters, write content that helps and let others know that you are the real deal!
#8 — Get some training
With any business, building an online business requires knowledge. When we first started, there was a lot of wasted time with these tasks ~
- Going to different websites to piece together information on how to start an online business
- Signing up for a lot of emails to get “how-to start” free guides and ebooks
- Watching different videos to see how everyone else was doing it
- Filling up many notebooks with starter tips and how-to’s
All that was ~ WASTED TIME!
Finally, a site called Wealthy Affiliate caught our interest. What was different about this website over everyone else’s?
It was the real deal!
Because without training we would still be struggling. This is what we learned at the get-go ~
- Create a website in less than 30 minutes
- Buy a domain and set up hosting
- Find a focused niche
- Find keywords that Google loves to see
- How to write great content that ranks in the top Google pages
- Monetize our website and make money
- Use social media to get traffic to our website
We have written a Wealthy Affiliate review and hopefully, you’ll get a better understanding of why it’s so pertinent to stop wasting your time and start creating an online business, ditch the daily grind of 9 to 5 and live the lifestyle that you deserve.
We are here to help!
We hope that this all makes sense to you. We genuinely want this to be your stomping grounds to learn how to build a sustainable online presence and achieve your entrepreneurial goals.
In part, we will both be sharing our individual, as well as our collaborative experiences. Either way, we are here to guide you in the right direction.
Thank you for entrusting in us and hope that you will find a lot of valuable help here at Liberation 2035.
Blessings to all!
Cindy and Mel